The Cooper Vault
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shinragod

shinragod

Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/4/2013, 11:47 am

Over the years I came up with ideas for Sly's ancestors.
Namely three of his most popular ones:

Rioichi Cooper, Tennessee Kid Cooper and Henriette "One Eyed" Cooper.

These are my ideas I'd like to share with you. Hopefully one day I'll write them out and maybe even make comics out of them. I have the ability to make comics. Having time to do them is another matter. :B

The First Idea:

Rioichi Cooper: Rondo of War
- What does the term 'Rondo' mean you ask? It's essentially Japanese for 'circle.' The circle being referred here are four circles forming one big circle. These circles are four orbs based off the four elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Wind. These orbs are said that once combined in a certain location in Japan can restore peace and prosperity. During this time Rioichi is a much younger ninja living during one of Japan's most tumultuous eras. Greedy warlords and dark magic roam the land. Peaceful villages are robbed of their wealth and fortune as the ever greedy nobles under the corrupt emperor pillage Japan. Rioichi then learns of the four orbs scattered through various places he must collect to restore order. But not only is the emperor watching him: another mysterious force has kept a close eye on him. Something that may be the root of the evil taking control of Japan.
Rioichi's quest for the orbs takes him to China, the bottom of the ocean, a haunted island and other mysterious and dangerous places to search for these orbs. Along the way he is accompanied by another ninja named Jenti, a young noble prince named Samunuske, and a leader of a gang of bandits named Buraku. What he and his friends learn on their journey also sets the stage for the ninja master Rioichi will one day become.
A straight up adventure story inspired by anime, video games, Japanese folklore, and films from masters like Kurosawa and Myazaki.

The Misadventures of Tennessee Kid Cooper
- Set during the old west we follow Tennessee Kid Cooper on a series of adventures that make up his ever growing resume of 'Most Infamous Outlaw' in the west. But aside from his deeds as a thief, we also follow him on another string of bizarre and funny situations: one minute he's contracted to steal gold from ten infamous outlaws; the other he's protecting a paleontologist digging up dinosaur bones. His personality throughout this adventures can be described as flirtatious, witty and often sarcastic. He meets a lot of memorable characters along the way: constantly by one particular man who always wants to have a fair 'showdown' with him. It's a chronicle of different situations he's been in: there really isn't an ultimate goal in this story like the Rioichi one. But this story maintains the humor and personality of Tennessee Kid Cooper which has currently made him one of the more popular Sly ancestors. It also chronicles moments in history he became a part of: like the dinosaur dig I mentioned during what was known as "the Bone Wars." as well as getting lost in the desert only to be rescued (and also involuntarily becoming a a member) of a tribe of Native Americans. It's full of adventure and humor that best fits the series. Influences come from the anime 'Trigun'; the 'Man with No Name' series, and other spaghetti Westerns.

The 7th Voyage of Henriette "One Eyed" Cooper
- The lady who would become pirate captain. A pioneer in her day: until other ladies got in on her gig and became even more feared pirates. It tells of Henriette's 7th voyage (like Sinbad) to find the 'Cooper Vault' where she is ready to store her biggest prized 'booty' yet. Along the way however other pirates as well as members of the Royal Crown and the Spanish Armada attempt to stop her as well as claim her gold. Her adventures cause her to lose gold, find gold, claim gold, and lose it again. She has a crew, loses a crew, gets another crew, loses crew....it's a pattern. As far as a pirate captain goes she always has the worst luck. Not just pirates and Naval forces, but also weather, sharks, sea monsters, cannibals...the usual stuff pirates face on long perilous journeys. It's a string of stories like the Tennessee Kid Cooper story: except this one actually has an ultimate goal. It starts off as a story to simply horde treasure. But it then goes into something deeper and that finding her Ancestor's Vault has become something more symbolic on her own as she faces the dangers of the high seas as one of histories first and infamous lady pirate captains. Inspired by Pirates of the Carribean, the anime/manga One Piece and various other pirate movies like 'Band of Misfits.'
Back to top Go down
Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/12/2013, 10:25 am

I'd love to see you write some of these! They all sound really interesting, especially the Rioichi one. And I love how it sounds like you'll capture the Sly series' humor in the Tennesse story.
Back to top Go down
http://bagasuit091.deviantart.com
shinragod

shinragod

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/13/2013, 7:03 am

Thank you. Smile
The Rioichi one was the one I put the most focus into currently. It was an adventure story I been hatching in my mind since the first Sly Cooper game.
The Tennessee one only came recently when I discovered his personality in Sly 4 and how popular he is with the fan girls. XD The humor writes itself for this guy. Wink

Pizza Bandit wrote:
I'd love to see you write some of these! They all sound really interesting, especially the Rioichi one. And I love how it sounds like you'll capture the Sly series' humor in the Tennesse story.
Back to top Go down
koala_guru

koala_guru

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/13/2013, 4:28 pm

Hey man, I know that this is for your ancestor writing but I have a request, but can I ask your opinion? I have a story of my own I want to start and I want to know if it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
shinragod

shinragod

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/15/2013, 12:08 am

A request? Hmm...wjhat kind?

And OK shoot. Go ahead and tell me.

koala_guru wrote:
Hey man, I know that this is for your ancestor writing but I have a request, but can I ask your opinion? I have a story of my own I want to start and I want to know if it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
koala_guru

koala_guru

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/15/2013, 2:20 pm

So, the basic idea is what the Panda King and Guru were doing during Thieves in Time. The Guru discovers a cave painting and show the Panda King. While he is there, Le Paradox shows up in his blimp, terrorizes the villagers, and kidnaps Jing King. It is up to the Guru and Panda King to chase him down and save Jing King. But what they discover will change their lives. If you like it, I'll make it into a story.

The request was-since you're such a good artist-if you could make designs for Penelope, The Guru, and The Panda King, like the sillohettes of the characters in different colored circles. Like the advertisements for thieves in time.Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas 480px-100mur
Back to top Go down
shinragod

shinragod

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty3/17/2013, 11:44 pm

that would be quite the challenge. I am more of a 'hard cel' shading artist than a softone.
But it would be good practice for me. Perhaps I will take up on this challenge sometime.

And that is pretty interesting whattya got there. I like expanding more on the Panda King myself.

koala_guru wrote:
So, the basic idea is what the Panda King and Guru were doing during Thieves in Time. The Guru discovers a cave painting and show the Panda King. While he is there, Le Paradox shows up in his blimp, terrorizes the villagers, and kidnaps Jing King. It is up to the Guru and Panda King to chase him down and save Jing King. But what they discover will change their lives. If you like it, I'll make it into a story.

The request was-since you're such a good artist-if you could make designs for Penelope, The Guru, and The Panda King, like the sillohettes of the characters in different colored circles. Like the advertisements for thieves in time.Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas 480px-100mur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas   Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Sly's Ancestors Story Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cooper Vault :: The Fandom :: Writing-
Jump to: