HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Murray - How do you feel about him?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HurricaneCooper

PostSubject: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 12:39 am

Sooooo anyways I've played through everrryy sly game and I just Hatteeeee Murray (no offense ~) No matter how many times I played I've always cried when I had to play him Sad(( I just find him like totes lame. Who shares my opinions I'm welcome to a good argument ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawxsy

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 3:54 am

I don't think that Murray is entirely a terrible character, he is my least favorite but I don't think he is completely useless. He has has valuable character progression throughout the games, and his commentary, although painful, adds a certain dorkiness to the games that the others couldn't quite bring themselves. Plus, every group needs a "strong man" and Murray fits that spot more than enough.

It just wouldn't be the same if they got rid of him, or never made him a playable character in the games. (it was always fun for me to pick up guards and shake the living hell out of them for laughs)

Last edited by Fawxsy on 2/19/2013, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/FawxsyCosplay
RadioactiveDiamonds

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 4:16 am

I LOVE ME SOME MURRAY cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TennesseeTheKidCooper

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 5:16 pm

RD, please don't stretch the page like that.

On topic, I actually quite like Murray. He's cute and silly. Sure he isn't sneaky like Sly, he has his own strengths. Each character has their own unique playing style. Murray as a character though, he's certainly one of my favorites ^^
He seems to mostly be there for comic relief, but he's still just a good character to have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOMeroChanOo

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 7:46 pm

Changed the name of the thread and fixed RD's post.

Quiet honestly I've never liked Murray. I dreaded to play as him and Bentley but mostly him. i know the cooper gang needs Murray just as much as he needs them but I've never enjoyed his stages or conversations excluding the Murray Games (Have no clue what the lvl is called but I call it that) in Clan of The Cave Raccoon. He just never striked my fancy.

I only ever pity him for feeling like he messes up everything. Mostly at the end of 2 leading into 3 and especially in 4 as well. He just wants to be cool like sly and wants to feel like more then just the tank of the team.

I don't know, I can see the room for development and his comic relief but I simply never liked him...

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 8:15 pm

He's one of my least favourite characters, but I do enjoy playing as him in the games, even if I dislike his comments. There's certainly room for development.

Still, with his personality and strength, he is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fawxsy

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/19/2013, 8:22 pm

It's true he has always wanted to be cool, but that is what's charming about his character. Comparing him in the first game to him now, he's grown up so much in a way I think they wanted the players to feel proud of him, sorta. I always saw him as the youngest of the trio and so it made sense that he was so out there and spazzy.

The only true reason I disliked playing as him, personally is that you couldn't just avoid guards super easy. It was always annoying to have to fight 'em and I could never seem to out-run the bigger guards as him. I did, however enjoy his gameplay in the fourth game..same with bentley's...Not sure why. They just seemed to flow more and in previous games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/FawxsyCosplay
Cheri

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   2/20/2013, 4:25 pm

Yo I think I came to the wrong neighborhood because Murray is my absolute favorite.

Out of the whole gang, he's the one that's had the most character development. He goes from being a coward trying his damnedest to help out the gang to someone who prides himself on his strength. I know it was all in the name of playability but I'm glad they've been consistent with keeping him at the strongman after Sly 2. And let's not forget he's practically the heart of the team; when Bentley is having doubts about their importance to Sly, Murray assures him without a doubt that they're a team...more than that, they're family. He may be spastic and excitable and generally a huge doofus but he's smarter than he lets on and he's dedicated and will DROP EVERYTHING the moment someone needs help. They're his brothers, he'd do anything for them. He's got a lot of potential that does get a bit squandered for the sake of comedy though, I'll admit that. But when he has his moments; he shines spectacularly and shows that he's grown up a lot from the first game.

Not to mention if you need loot fast; he's the go-to guy to play in case you do get into a fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pizza Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   3/11/2013, 11:44 pm

Aww, I quite like Murray. Sure he's not the brightest bulb, but many of his lines crack me up. He may be a goof, but his heart's in the right place. He drops everything when his pals need his help. And I have to admit, his comeback against Octavio was pretty epic.

In terms of gameplay, I always had a blast picking up and slamming guards around. The only thing I used to have trouble with was sneaking around the worlds with him. Bentley too at first. But Murray was the toughest for me when I first played the second game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bagasuit091.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murray - How do you feel about him?   

Back to top Go down

Murray - How do you feel about him?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cooper Vault :: Sly Cooper :: General Discussion-
Jump to: